What it contains
This guidance note advises operators of major hazard facilities (MHFs) how to demonstrate that the facility operates safely. It outlines:
- how to develop a demonstration for a Safety Case
- which demonstrations to use and when to involve employees and health and safety representatives
- how MHFs show they have reasonably reduced risks
- how examples, industry codes and standards are used in demonstrations
- how a safety management system supports control measures
At the end of this guide, there are examples of the risk criteria used by MHFs nationally and internationally.