What it contains
In order to obtain a licence to operate a major hazard facility (MHF) in Victoria, operators must complete a Safety Assessment to address and control risks. This guide describes:
- the purpose of a Safety Assessment
- how to plan and prepare for an assessment
- the Safety Assessment process
- what happens after a Safety Assessment, including review, revision and quality assurance checks
- a compliance checklist for Safety Assessments
At the end of this guide, there are examples of Safety Assessment techniques you can use.