Terms and conditions
The competition terms and conditions for the WorkSafe Awards 2023.
Competition held by:
Victorian WorkCover Authority (ABN 90 296 467 627) (WorkSafe), of 1 Malop St, Geelong, Victoria, 3222.
- Information on how to enter the competition and the mechanics of entry form part of these Terms and Conditions.
How to enter
- Entries open at 11:00am (AEST) on 15 May 2023 and close at 11:59pm (AEST) on 23 June 2023 (Competition Period). Late submissions may be considered at the discretion of WorkSafe.
- An entry form (available online at awards.worksafe.vic.gov.au) must be completed for each entry. Entries should include any attachments, photographs (jpeg, gif, png files) and films that support your organisation's initiative. If you are unable to complete your entry online please contact the Awards Coordinator at: [email protected].
- By submitting an entry, entrants will be taken to have acknowledged and accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Once your entry is officially submitted it cannot be amended online. Please contact the Awards Coordinator if you require any amendments.
Awards and collateral
- There are 7 categories that will be assessed against the criteria outlined in the application form.
- Each Winning Entrant will receive a trophy selected at the discretion of WorkSafe.
- A Winner Certificate in PDF format will also be sent via email within 21 days following the awards event.
- Entry is voluntary and open to all Victorian organisations and individuals except for directors, management and employee (and their immediate family) of WorkSafe Victoria (WorkSafe) and WorkWell Funded Recipients, who are ineligible for nomination for any WorkSafe Awards. WorkSafe employees may nominate organisations/individuals that are not from WorkSafe (Entrants).
- Entrants aged under 18 years at the time of submitting their entry must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the competition. All entries of Entrants who are under the age of 18 and have not obtained the required parental or guardian consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid. These Terms and Conditions will bind the Entrant and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged under 18 years).
- Only entrants with businesses which are Victorian, operate substantially in Victorian or that hold a current Victorian WorkCover insurance policy will be eligible to be nominated for an award at the annual WorkSafe Awards event.
- Entries may be made by employee or volunteer individuals, commercial, charitable or not-for-profit organisations, government departments and statutory authorities. Individuals or organisations may also be nominated for an award by another party.
- Entrants may resubmit their entry if they have been unsuccessful in past years. However, resubmitted entries must clearly demonstrate significant improvements to the original entry.
- Entrants will be disqualified if they do not have the intellectual property rights for the work, design, invention or mark and cannot provide proof of this if requested by WorkSafe.
- Entrants may be disqualified from the awards at WorkSafe’s discretion. WorkSafe will not provide reasons for its decision.
- WorkSafe Victoria reserves the right to refuse an entry where the entrant/s or a related person or organisation is under investigation for possible breaches of relevant OHS legislation (whether or not a prosecution has been commenced), or where the acceptance of the entry may be detrimental to the objectives of the Awards program.
- WorkSafe Victoria reserves the right to refuse an entry where the entrant/s or a related person or organisation has been convicted or found guilty of a relevant OHS offence in the last three years. Please note that a successful prosecution will include an enforceable undertaking and a diversion program.
- Entrants must advise the Awards Coordinator immediately in writing of any workplace health and safety incident, investigation or prosecution involving their organisation or related entity, including at other worksites.
- Entries will only be accepted through the WorkSafe Awards 2023 entry form. All sections of the form must be completed (including tick-boxes).
- WorkSafe reserves the right to reject incomplete entry forms.
- WorkSafe reserves the right to reject entries that are inflammatory, use inappropriate language and/or are not in the spirit of the competition.
- To assist with judging, it is recommended entrants attach photographs/videos of their initiative.
- Evaluation or testing of information/data may be required. All such costs will be at the entrant's expense.
- The results are final. WorkSafe will not provide reasons for its decision.
- The results of the WorkSafe Awards 2023 will not create any legal obligations between entrants and WorkSafe.
- WorkSafe reserves the right to consider an entry under any of the various categories of awards. This may occur without the consent of the entrant; however, entrants will be kept informed of any category changes to their entry.
- WorkSafe will determine the Awards categories proposed for any particular year. The Awards Recipient Panel, as established by WorkSafe, will determine whether an award will be granted for a category or not.
- Entrants agree to give WorkSafe access to their workplace to validate their entry. This may involve visiting various areas of the workplace as well as holding discussions with workers and others (eg OHS consultant or contractors). If this access cannot be accommodated in the required timeframes, the entrant is unlikely to proceed to the next stage.
Costs associated with entry
- Costs associated with accessing the WorkSafe web page remain an Entrants responsibility and may vary depending on the internet service provider used.
Validity of entries and disqualification of Entrant
- Entrants can enter in their own name or nominate someone else where their consent has been sought. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the competition and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by WorkSafe to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of WorkSafe, be deemed invalid.
- An entry is deemed to be received at the time of receipt by WorkSafe and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by WorkSafe. Entries which are partially or wholly incomplete, inaccurate, false, erroneous, ineligible and incomprehensible or outside the intent of the campaign, will automatically be deemed invalid. Contact details entered incorrectly on the Competition Site by an Entrant will automatically deem an entry invalid. WorkSafe accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
WorkSafe reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the competition if WorkSafe reasonably believes that they have attempted, deliberate or otherwise to:
- tamper with the entry process;
- submit an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and/or
- engage in any unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition
WorkSafe's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved to the fullest extent permitted by law. If WorkSafe suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify WorkSafe in full for those losses, damages and costs payable as a debt due on demand.
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- WorkSafe (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition. This includes, but is not limited to loss and/or damage arising from:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this competition and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this competition (whether or not under WorkSafe's control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by WorkSafe) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the WorkSafe;
Modification or cancellation of the competition
- If this competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), pandemic, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, WorkSafe reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- More than one entry may be submitted by an individual or organisation; however, each entry must relate to a separate person, initiative or solution and can only be entered in one category.
- WorkSafe may at its discretion film any entry to the WorkSafe Awards 2023. Entrants agree, when requested, to give WorkSafe and its contractors access to the relevant workplace to film the entry. This may involve filming in various locations and include on-camera interviews with employees and others as necessary at the workplace or at another venue. Entrants that do not give permission for WorkSafe to film the entry may not be progressed to the next stage in the entry process.
- Receiving a WorkSafe award/certificate does not signify endorsement of a particular product or a particular health and safety practice by WorkSafe. An entrant who becomes a WorkSafe Awards 2023 finalist or winner may freely disclose or publicise the granting of this commendation, but must not represent, directly or indirectly, that WorkSafe has endorsed the entrant's product, method of service, or the entrant's work health and safety performance and must not use WorkSafe’s logo for any purposes.
- The entrant/s accept that they or their organisation may be required for presentations, public promotions or events and/or media interviews in respect of their entry.
- WorkSafe reserves the right to publish the details of any entry. Any information published places that information in the public domain. The primary contact person accepts their contact information, as provided on the entry form (phone and address), may be published or provided to the media.
- Editorial control of film footage remains the sole right and responsibility of WorkSafe Victoria.
- WorkSafe expects that users will not post any materials that defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others. WorkSafe also expects users will not publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information.
- The WorkSafe Awards entry program is not intended as a place to report workplace safety issues or to discuss the details of individual claims, legal proceedings or personal information. Users must not disclose private, confidential or secure information. WorkSafe expects users to respect and value the privacy of others.
- WorkSafe collects the personal information about an Entrant in order to:
- Include the Entrant in the competition
- Processing and administering this competition
- Contact Entrants about the promotion during the promotion period
- Publishing the winning entry at the end of the promotion period
- Information collected by WorkSafe will not be shared with any third parties and access is limited to WorkSafe employees for the purpose of this promotion. Information collected from the Winning Entrant will be used to announce at the award event. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the competition and is deemed ineligible.
- Individuals have the right to access and correct any personal information held by WorkSafe. If you have any questions about how your personal information will be handled or would like to gain access to your personal information, you can contact Worksafe's Privacy Team at [email protected].
Your privacy is important to us
Please contact the WorkSafe Victoria Awards Coordinator if you require further details or clarification of any of the above conditions of entry on (03) 8663 5033 or [email protected].