Explosives licence: Licence to transport explosives by road and rail

A licence for a vehicle to transport explosives by road or rail.

About the licence

You must hold a licence, to transport explosives by road or rail in quantities greater than those specified in the regulations. Complete this application form if you need a new licence, amendment to your licence or renewal of your licence.

Fee summary


For transport by rail and $62.50 for each road vehicle.


For an amendment to a rail licence and $21.88 for a road vehicle.


National Police check.


ASIO security assessment.

5 years

This licence is valid for 5 years.

Apply or renew your licence

  1. Download and complete the application form

    Download and complete the form. You can apply for multiple vehicle licences using this form. 

Note: You can purchase copies of the Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2022 from Information Victoria on 1300 366 356 or you can view them at legislation.vic.gov.au.