Explosives licence: Manufacture, store, sell or import

A licence allowing you to manufacture, store, sell or import explosives.

Download the application form


About the licence

You can apply for individual or combinations of the following explosives licence types:

  • manufacture explosives in a factory
  • manufacture explosives at a place other than a factory
  • fill and cap safety cartridges for commercial purposes
  • store explosives at a medium scale storage facility
  • store explosives in a magazine (above prescribed quantities)
  • sell explosives
  • import explosives

If you hold a Victorian licence to operate a major hazard facility, you do not require a licence to manufacture or store explosives.

If you have previously completed an ASIO security assessment through WorkSafe you do not need to repeat or pay for this assessment again.

Licence issuing, renewal and amendment fees

Fees that apply to all licences

Apply or renew the licence

Note: You can purchase copies of the Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2022 from Information Victoria on 1300 366 356 or you can view them on the Victorian Legislation website.

Contact WorkSafe's licensing branch

To check the progress of an application or if you need assistance, contact the Licensing Branch at:

Licensing Branch
PO Box 279
Geelong Vic 3220

Phone 1300 852 562
Fax 1800 060 727
Email [email protected]

Related information